Registration for the 2017 Annual General Meeting in Huntington Beach — being hosted by our own JASNA-Southwest — opens next week, on Wednesday, June 7 at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Registration often sells out quickly, so mark your calendar!
Here are a few tips to help ensure a smooth registration process:
1) Make sure you are a member in good standing of the national Jane Austen Society of North America. Visit the JASNA membership page for details. Dare to go digital! A couple of clicks will help you stay current on JASNA and AGM news, including notification of the exact moment registration opens. At jasna.org, log in to the member portal in the upper right corner; go to “view/update my profile” and select “join the JASNA email list.” Then select “JASNA email and AGM updates.” To save valuable dollars, please indicate that you do not wish to receive a paper brochure.
2) Review the registration tips at the AGM website, which includes information on the cost of registration as well as a sample registration form.
3) Familiarize yourself with the various tours, special events and workshops — and make your breakout choices in advance — by reviewing the registration brochure. Note that all choices this year will be made on one registration form (rather than signing up for tours and special events on a separate form).
4) Don’t be discouraged if registration is full. Sign up for the waiting list, as additional spaces often open up. But you must be on the waiting list!
5) If you have not yet made a hotel reservation, a few spaces at the special AGM rate are still available. Additional rooms may be open at the hotel, but not at the conference rate. However, you may find that spaces at our conference rate will open up over the summer as people’s plans change. It pays to check periodically!
Good luck! And we look forward to seeing you in October.