Jane Austen Society of North America, Southwest Region
Joining or renewing is simple, costs just $15 per year and offers you:
- discounts on our regular paid events (Spring, Fall and Winter meetings)
- priority notice of events and publications of interest to JASNA members
- members-only invitations to special activities, such as occasional free film screenings
- the opportunity to help plan and create new activities and gatherings
- the chance to meet other Austen enthusiasts at our programs, through our reading groups, at the annual Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, and other activities
What Your Dues Support
- meeting programming (speaker honoraria, travel/lodging; facility and equipment rental), allowing us to keep registration fees as low as possible
- communications (website hosting and domain registration; e-newsletter distribution service; printing/postage; outreach materials)
- reduced student admission to our events
- community outreach, such as the annual Los Angeles Times Festival of Books
- annual Jane Austen birthday celebrations for JASNA-Southwest reading groups
Membership in JASNA
Dues for the Southwest region are separate from membership dues in the Jane Austen Society of North America (JASNA), our parent organization. Benefits of joining are numerous, including a subscription to the national society’s print newsletter and annual journal, and the opportunity to attend the Annual General Meeting (a three-day conference open only to members of the national organization). To learn more about dues and benefits, visit the JASNA membership page.
For more information about joining JASNA-Southwest, contact Carol Krause.
Join or Renew Your Membership
Whether you’ve just discovered Jane Austen through a film adaptation or are a longtime Janeite, we welcome your membership in JASNA-Southwest.
Left: Austen’s writing desk and chair, at the Jane Austen House Museum, Chawton, England
September 1–August 31